Center for School Support of Guidance and Counseling
The purpose of the Center for School Support of Guidance and Counseling is to resolve problems related to student guidance by improving the teachers’ guidance and counseling skills.
The center focuses on the following tasks:
- Development of curriculum and programs for student-support training for undergraduate and graduate students and teachers.
- Training teachers in the art of providing guidance and counseling, developing leadership skills and equipping staff to effectively prevent bullying.
- Construction of theoretical models utilizing school counselors and other staff.
- Consultation for effective student guidance.
- Overall support for student guidance.
In 2016, the center developed the program for the “Improvement of teachers’ skills in school guidance and counseling” and published academic material on the “Theory and practice of school guidance and counseling.” The center also conducted counseling for and provided consultation services to teachers, and organizing more than 170 lectures on this subject. The primary objectives of the center is to train “specialized teachers in the field of student guidance" whose necessity in school is paramount.