Position Opening for Associate Professor or Lecturer
1. Affiliation: Advanced Practice of School Education (School Subjects Education),
Fine Art Education
2. Job type and the number of positions: One full-time Lecturer or Associate Professor
3. Field of research: Art Education
(1) Doctorate or equivalent research achievements in the field concerned, and educational abilities
NB: The successful candidate is expected to teach the Ph.D. program at the Joint Graduate School in the near future.
(2) Teacher’s license for elementary school, for Art at junior high school or for Art at senior high school in Japan
(3) Preferably, teaching experience as a full-time teacher at elementary school, junior high school or senior high school
(4) The ability to collaborate with teachers at schools for educational research
(5) Active participation in University operations and professional contributions to society
(6) Japanese ability necessary to perform duties at Naruto University of Education, irrespective of the successful candidate’s nationality
5. Courses to teach:
Arts and Crafts Education, Principles of Art Education,Special Lecture on Art Education Theory, Graduation Research, and others
Classroom Instruction and Lesson Design for Teaching Arts and Crafts (Art) A, Fieldwork for Subject Teaching, Studies on Educational
Practice I (Art),and others
6. Date of Employment: April 1, 2023
7. Length of Contract: The initial contract is for five years, with the possibility of tenure. (The mandatory retirement age is 65.)
8. Application deadline: September 5 (Mon.), 2022(The required documents must arrive at the university by 17:00 on the day.)
9. Documents to submit:
(1) CV/resume (using the designated form with the applicant’s photo attached)
(2) List of Professional Achievements (using the designated form)
(3) Three principal publications (books and/or articles); originals, offprints, or photocopies
For each of them, an abstract in Japanese (approximately 200 characters) is required.
(4) Teaching and research plans at Naruto University of Education in Japanese (approximately 1,200 characters)
NB: The forms designated by the university (CV/resume and List of Professional Achievements) can be downloaded at the university
10. Mailing address:
Hidekazu SAKO, President,
Naruto University of Education,
748 Nakjima, Takashima, Naruto-cho, Naruto City, 772-8502, Japan
NB: The application documents should be sent by registered mail with “Application for the position of Art Education” written on the envelope
in red. Electronic submissions will not be accepted.
Professor Yoshiaki YAMADA,
Advanced Practice of School Education (School Subjects Education and Integrated Studies), Art Education
Naruto University of Education,
748 Nakajima, Takashima, Naruto-cho, Naruto City, 772-8502, Japan
Tel: +81-88-687-6636 E-mail: yyamada[@]naruto-u.ac.jp
Any questions regarding remuneration:
Tel: +81-88-687-6036 E-mail: jinji[＠]naruto-u.ac.jp
*Delete the brackets [ ] in the email addresses above when sending emails.
12. Additional information:
(1) It is suggested that the successful candidate should dwell in the vicinity of Naruto after employed.
(2) The application materials will not be returned. If the applicant wishes to have them returned, he or she must request so beforehand.
The personal information the university has acquired in the selection process will be treated confidentially according to the Act on the
Protection of Personal Information Held by Incorporated Administrative Agencies, etc.
(3) In principle, the finalists will be invited for an interview with a teaching demonstration at the university. The expenses for travel and
accommodation for the interview will not be reimbursed.
(4) The university has a policy for recruitment in which the decision is not to be influenced by applicants’ nationality or gender. In cases
where two or more finalists are equal in qualifications and achievements, the university will give preference to female applicants.
(5) Even if the successful candidate is a local government employee prior to employment at the university, the university will not count
his or her years of service as a local government employee in the calculation of his or her retirement allowance from the university.